In Home Puppy Training
In home puppy training is for puppies who are 8 to 20 weeks old. It is available in suburbs of Greater Western Sydney. This includes all of Penrith. And some suburbs of Lower Blue Mountains, Blacktown, Liverpool, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, & Cumberland.
What is it?
You get a qualified, accredited professional dog trainer, in your home. It is a one on one, private dog training service.
You’ll get all of the lessons from the puppy preschool program, if you have an 8 to 14 week old. Or all of the lessons from the Kindy puppy training program, if you have a 15 to 20 week old.
These are fixed lessons, delivered in the comfort of your own home. They’re modified from group class training to individual training delivery.
Why do in home training?
Group classes don’t suit everybody. In home puppy training may be best for you if:
- You can’t get to a group class
- You have time in your schedule at home instead
- You’ve never done any training before
- It’s been a long time since you’ve had a puppy, or have never had one
- Your health status prevents you from attending training indoors in groups
- You want individualised attention
- You’re struggling with a puppy, and have very young children or the elderly in the household too
- Have a larger family who can’t all come to a group class at once
- You want training to go faster
- Want professional socialisation advice in your area
- Need help staying on track and motivated
What will you learn?
If your puppy is 8 to 14 weeks old, you’ll learn everything from the puppy preschool course
If your puppy is 15 to 20 weeks old, you’ll learn everything from the Kindy puppy training course
Both courses teach:
- What socialisation really is
- How to safely socialise your puppy
- How dogs communicate, how to ready body language
- Dog psychology – how dog’s learn so you know how best to teach them
- Prevention of problem behaviours like nipping, chewing, housetraining / toilet training
- Good manners or obedience training. Things like name, give attention, chill out, sit, lie down, come, walk on lead properly etc
Where, when, how much?
Puppy training packages are available in your home. You must live within the bounds of the service area. Extra travel fees apply if you live outside the highlighted yellow ring on the map. A full list of suburbs is on the in home dog training page
When you choose an in home puppy training package, you are signing up for 5 weeks of training.
Week 1: You need to complete in an online induction and pre-coursework.
Week 2-5: Is in your home. Appointment times vary, but it’s best to try book the same day and time for 4 weeks.
There are some weekday, and some weekend times.
If you’d like to make sure of appointment times in advance before booking – please contact me.
An in home puppy training package is paid for in full up front. You will receive a code and link to then book your 4 in home appointments.
The cost is $475 which includes:
- 1 x online induction and pre-coursework
- Access to the online learning portal for 10 weeks. This hosts all of the helpful handouts, how-to guides, and videos
- Participate in the learn to earn program. Complete lessons on the online learning portal to earn virtual coins. Redeemable against free and discounted training, food, treats and toys.
- 4 x 1 hour in home lessons
- E-mail support
If a message appears “this is no longer available” then I am currently booked out. Please contact me for next availability.