In Home Puppy Training
In home puppy training is for puppies who are 8 to 20 weeks old. It is available in suburbs of Greater Western Sydney. This includes all of Penrith. And some suburbs of Lower Blue Mountains, Blacktown, Liverpool, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, & Cumberland.
What is it?
You get a qualified, accredited professional dog trainer, in your home. It is a one on one, private dog training service.
You’ll get all of the lessons from the puppy preschool program, if you have an 8 to 14 week old. Or all of the lessons from the Kindy puppy training program, if you have a 15 to 20 week old.
These are fixed lessons from the group class curriculum, delivered in the comfort of your own home. They’re modified from group class training to individual training delivery.
Why do in home training?
Group classes don’t suit everybody. In home puppy training may be best for you if:
- You can’t get to a group class
- You have time in your schedule at home instead
- You’ve never done any training before
- It’s been a long time since you’ve had a puppy, or have never had one
- Your health status prevents you from attending training indoors in groups
- You want individualised attention
- You’re struggling with a puppy, and have very young children or the elderly in the household too
- Have a larger family who can’t all come to a group class at once
- You want training to go faster
- Want professional socialisation advice in your area
- Need help staying on track and motivated
- Want an easy to follow program. Great all round education.
What will you learn?
If your puppy is 8 to 14 weeks old, you’ll learn everything from the puppy preschool course
If your puppy is 15 to 20 weeks old, you’ll learn everything from the Kindy puppy training course
Both courses teach:
- What socialisation really is
- How to safely socialise your puppy
- How dogs communicate, how to ready body language
- Dog psychology – how dog’s learn so you know how best to teach them
- Prevention of problem behaviours like nipping, chewing, housetraining / toilet training, jumping up
- Good manners or obedience training. Things like name, give attention, chill out, sit, lie down, come, walk on lead properly etc
Where, when, how much?
Puppy training packages are available in your home. You must live within the bounds of the service area. Extra travel fees apply if you live outside the highlighted yellow ring on the map. A full list of suburbs is on the in home dog training page
Price and Purchasing
It’s easy to purchase an in home puppy training package. Purchase online now*
*If a message appears “this is no longer available” then I am currently booked out. Please contact me for next availability.
Weekday in home puppy training package
Appointments available weekdays
Monday 8am – 1pm, Thursday 8am – 1pm
Weekend in home puppy training package
Appointments available on weekends
Saturday 11:30am – 1:30pm, Sunday 9am – 2pm
What’s in a package?
- 5 lessons to be used over 6 weeks
- 1 x online lesson. Induction with pre-coursework
- 4 x 1 hour appointments in your home
- Access to the online learning portal with all of the lessons
- Video how-to guides, helpful handouts and written instructions
- Participate in the learn to earn program. Complete lessons on the online learning portal to earn virtual coins. Redeemable against free and discounted training, food, treats and toys
- E-mail support
An in home puppy training package is paid for in full up front. You will receive a code and link to then book your 4 in home appointments.
Appointment times can vary but you can request the same day and time for 4 consecutive weeks if available.